Thursday, November 10, 2011

I absolutely LOVE my Silhouette Cameo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all, I am so excited!  I received my Silhouette Cameo on Friday evening.....UPS always delivers out here last thing!  Everything was in the package and may I add VERY nicely packaged, and it took me no time at all to have it up and running.  During my playing over the weekend I discovered that my blade is defective..............but no problem as Silhouette America is sending me a new one and in the meantime I decided to use the blade system that I use with my CraftROBO (I named HER "Roberta") and it is working wonderfully........OMG I am so happy!!!  By the way, the Customer Service at Silhouette America is great!!!!  Oh and let me add that I named my Cameo "Sophie"....don't ask me why, it just popped into my head.  By tomorrow I should have a little project ready to post, but in the meantime here are some of my cuttings that I made while playing with my new toy!!!!  "Best Friends", "Chandelier", "Leaf Corner", "Flower Print & Cut" and the "Flower Medallion" are all files that you can purchase for $.99 a piece at the Silhouette America site and they are fabulous cutting files!





And here is a card that I made using a free cutting file by Tina Fitch and you can download the free SVG or GSD here!  Tina is in the UK and she is SO talented...I just love her and her designs!!!  I also want to point out that I used a "Silver" Pentel Slicci pen in the "Pen Tool" made by Sue Reynolds (aka/HotPaws) for the CraftROBO/Silhouette and it works great in the Cameo!!!  You can find them at her site here and she has them for many different cutters!  The good thing about her Pen Tool is that you can use a lot of different size pens and markers in it!  The red and green on the card is done with Silhouette "Sketch Pens"......they came in a number different colors including metallic which I still want to purchase!



Well, it's back to work...............I just wanted to share my excitement and joy with all of you!  Come back tomorrow to check out my project!

4 comments:

massofhair said...

So Pam, are you defecting to your new Cameo or will you still use your Pazzle?...
Watched the launch of the Cameo an hour or so ago on UK TV, looks interesting but not sure how much different to the Inspiration.

Your files look quite wonderful and i am happy that you are so excited to now have Sophie in your craft room.

Have you found out where the nodes are living on your Cameo yet? lol :-)

Kat said...

Hi Pam I was out looking for Silhouette Cameo blogging buds and found your website. I just got one last month and I to am in LOVE! I am having so much fun with it. I Love what you've created. It's so cute that you named your Cameo Sophie, that is a cute name! Have a great weekend!

Crafty Queen CB said...

Where did you find the Chandelier file???? I put that in the search of the SIL store & it came up with nothing...I know you posted this in 2011 I am hoping you can help!

Unknown said...

Very informative and helpful post, keep sharing stuff like this.

T20 World Cup 2016 Time Table

Asia Cup T20 2016 Schedule

ICC T20 World Cup 2016 Qualified Teams

West Indies Team Players List for ICC T20 World Cup 2016