Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Y'all, I'm still exploring my Silhouette Cameo................

and decided I would keep posting my test cuts here at my blog so that I can direct those that ask me what I'm able with it can see for themselves!

In this first photo, I've done several "print and cuts" as well as a couple of regular cuts and for all of them I have used Bazzill smooth white cardstock, which is my favorite and it cuts like butter!!!!  The "frog", "flower", "pig" and "snowflake" are all Silhouette files.  I designed the "Thank You" and my friend designed the medallion using the "Replicate" tool in the Silhouette Studio software.  The "Poodle" is a digi stamp by Dani at printablecolouringpages.co.uk............isn't it adorable!!!  Please not that the "snowflake" is only 1" in diameter....just look at those perfect, tiny circles!!!


OK, now on to "chipboard"...........except I prefer to use cereal and beer boxes because they cut so much better and seem to be less fibrous.  I also like using poster board, which is a little thicker the Bazzill white cardstock I love!  I will say that the cereal box is a tad thicker than the beer box.  For the beer box I actually did 3 passes...one each with the ratchet blade set at 6, 7 & 8.  I find that doing the cuts graduated in that manner, I get a cleaner cut.  For the cereal box I did the same but set the blade to 7, 8 and 9.  As you can see in my photo, the cuts are petty clean!!!  At this point, I don't know if it dulled my blade or not!


All I can say, "peeps", is that I REALLY love my Cameo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  See ya again soon!

10 comments:

Shawna said...

Nice Pam!!!! I am afraid to try cutting the heavier stuff, but if everyone keeps getting good results I will have to try; it's one of the reasons for buying the Cameo. Do please keep us informed if your blade dulls using the chipboard. Love your blog!

Elly said...

Wow so nice Pam. Wish I had one too :-)

hugs, Elly

Kat said...

Pam that is funny that you used cereal boxes, I just flattened two really pretty kleenex boxes this morning to see if I can cut them into a cute something or other in my Silhouette Cameo! Very cute. I think my kleenex boxes are less thick then the cereal box, but heaver then the Bazzill cardstock. I am thinking of creating something fun this evening after I get done making some turkey leftovers. Have a great weekend.

Clairebears said...

Hi I have popped over from UK Scappers, and I would like to say thank you for inspiring me. I have had my machine for a year and not really played that much as I guess I'm a little scared and unsure what to make lol!
I loved looking through your blog and I feel maybe he might come out of his box tonight :0)
Love Clairebears x

Melisa Waldorf said...

These are so cute! I"m definitely going to have to do some research on the cutting machines in 2012 and consider getting one. Have a great weekend! Melisa

Anonymous said...

I love my Cameo too! A word of warning, be very careful when cutting chipboard. The chipboard I used was thicker then the cereal box. I can still use the blade, but only if I set it on 9 or 10.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where i can see this machine used in person

AndreaA said...

I have had my Cameo for a year now and have not got it out of the box yet. But you blog is tempting me to get it out and try something.
Every time I start to get it out them I read on Fb the problems the girls are having so I just keep reading up on it.Thanks for you inspiration!! :)

Perfil da Empresa said...

Olá, estou pesquisando essa máquina, a Silhouette Cameo. Estou gostando bastante das possibilidades. Adorei suas dicas. Sucesso!!! Margarida

Perfil da Empresa said...

Olá, estou pesquisando as possibilidades da máquina Silhouette. Gostei das suas dicas. Obrigada, Margarida