Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Y'all, I'm still exploring my Silhouette Cameo................

and decided I would keep posting my test cuts here at my blog so that I can direct those that ask me what I'm able with it can see for themselves!

In this first photo, I've done several "print and cuts" as well as a couple of regular cuts and for all of them I have used Bazzill smooth white cardstock, which is my favorite and it cuts like butter!!!!  The "frog", "flower", "pig" and "snowflake" are all Silhouette files.  I designed the "Thank You" and my friend designed the medallion using the "Replicate" tool in the Silhouette Studio software.  The "Poodle" is a digi stamp by Dani at printablecolouringpages.co.uk............isn't it adorable!!!  Please not that the "snowflake" is only 1" in diameter....just look at those perfect, tiny circles!!!


OK, now on to "chipboard"...........except I prefer to use cereal and beer boxes because they cut so much better and seem to be less fibrous.  I also like using poster board, which is a little thicker the Bazzill white cardstock I love!  I will say that the cereal box is a tad thicker than the beer box.  For the beer box I actually did 3 passes...one each with the ratchet blade set at 6, 7 & 8.  I find that doing the cuts graduated in that manner, I get a cleaner cut.  For the cereal box I did the same but set the blade to 7, 8 and 9.  As you can see in my photo, the cuts are petty clean!!!  At this point, I don't know if it dulled my blade or not!


All I can say, "peeps", is that I REALLY love my Cameo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  See ya again soon!

15 comments:

Shawna said...

Nice Pam!!!! I am afraid to try cutting the heavier stuff, but if everyone keeps getting good results I will have to try; it's one of the reasons for buying the Cameo. Do please keep us informed if your blade dulls using the chipboard. Love your blog!

Elly said...

Wow so nice Pam. Wish I had one too :-)

hugs, Elly

Kat said...

Pam that is funny that you used cereal boxes, I just flattened two really pretty kleenex boxes this morning to see if I can cut them into a cute something or other in my Silhouette Cameo! Very cute. I think my kleenex boxes are less thick then the cereal box, but heaver then the Bazzill cardstock. I am thinking of creating something fun this evening after I get done making some turkey leftovers. Have a great weekend.

Clairebears said...

Hi I have popped over from UK Scappers, and I would like to say thank you for inspiring me. I have had my machine for a year and not really played that much as I guess I'm a little scared and unsure what to make lol!
I loved looking through your blog and I feel maybe he might come out of his box tonight :0)
Love Clairebears x

Melisa Waldorf said...

These are so cute! I"m definitely going to have to do some research on the cutting machines in 2012 and consider getting one. Have a great weekend! Melisa

Anonymous said...

I love my Cameo too! A word of warning, be very careful when cutting chipboard. The chipboard I used was thicker then the cereal box. I can still use the blade, but only if I set it on 9 or 10.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where i can see this machine used in person

AndreaA said...

I have had my Cameo for a year now and have not got it out of the box yet. But you blog is tempting me to get it out and try something.
Every time I start to get it out them I read on Fb the problems the girls are having so I just keep reading up on it.Thanks for you inspiration!! :)

Perfil da Empresa said...

Olá, estou pesquisando essa máquina, a Silhouette Cameo. Estou gostando bastante das possibilidades. Adorei suas dicas. Sucesso!!! Margarida

Perfil da Empresa said...

Olá, estou pesquisando as possibilidades da máquina Silhouette. Gostei das suas dicas. Obrigada, Margarida

aman aks said...

Thanksgiving Day Prayer
Full Movie Download
Christmas Wishes Sayings Quotes
Happy new year Wishes Sayings Quotes
Dilwale Torrent Download
Movie Download
Valentine Day Images HD Wallpaper
Republic Day Images HD Wallpaper

dixit said...

happy valentines day images HD wallpapers pictures

happy valentines day facebook whatsapp images

happy valentines day wishes saying quotes

happy valentines day messages sms

Gagan Kamboj said...

India Republic Day 2016 Parade Doordarshan Live Streaming
Indian Republic Day Facebook Timeline Cover Photo Images
Republic Day 2016 Wishes Greetings SMS Hindi
Republic Day Quotes 2016
Indian Republic Day 2016 Images Pictures Photos
Republic Day 2016 HD Wallpapers

Kiss Day Pictures Images Wallpapers
Hug Day HD Wallpapers Images
Happy Valentines Day HD Wallpapers
Valentine Week Full List 2016 Date Sheet

Happy Propose Day Wishes 2016
Happy Propose Day Hindi SMS Messages 2016
Propose Day 2016 Messages
Happy Propose Day 2016 HD Wallpapers
Propose Day 2016 SMS Messages Quotes

Gagan Kamboj said...

Happy Valentine Love Pictures and Wallpaper
Unique Valentines Day Cards
Best Valentines Day Gift Ideas
Funny Valentine Quotes Sayings For Lovers
Propose Day 2016 SMS Messages Quotes
Valentines Quotes For Him | Love & Funny Quotes
Valentine Day Quotes For Friend, Wife and Kids

happy valentines day images HD wallpapers pictures
Kiss day images HD wallpapers pictures
Hug Day images HD wallpapers pictures
Teddy Day images HD wallpapers pictures
Chocolate day images HD wallpapers pictures
propose day images HD wallpapers pictures
Rose day images HD wallpapers pictures
Guru Marathi Full Movie Download


dixit said...

Valentines Day 2016 Quotes Sayings Wishes

Happy Valentines Day 2016 Messages SMS


Hug Day 2016 Images Photos HD Wallpapers

Kiss Day 2016 Wallpapers Pictures Images Photos

Happy Promise Day 2016 HD Images Wallpapers

Teddy Day 2016 HD Images Pictures Wallpapers

Happy Chocolate Day 2016 HD Wallpapers Pictures

Propose Day 2016 Wallpapers Images Photos

Rose Day 2016 HD Wallpapers Images Pictures

Valentines Day 2016 Facebook Timeline Cover Pictures Photo

Valentines day 2016 Whatsapp Status Messages