Thursday, October 8, 2009

Playing with my new SU "Petals-a-Plenty"!!!

Last week I placed my very first order of Stampin'Up products and they arrived later yesterday afternoon, so of course I had to play with one of them today! I've seen many cards done using the "Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions" embossing folder and I decided to order it. I also used the Splitcoast Stampers Wednesday Sketch Challenge (SC249) as my inspiration. If you want to play along you can find it here. As you can see by my photos, these images were very difficult to capture. They look much better IRL (in real life), particularly the beautiful snowflake.


Here is a close-up of the snowflake:


I cut two blue panels and ran them through my Big Shot using the Stampin'Up "Petals-a-Plenty" embossing folder. On the first blue layer I used the debossed side and brushed over the top of it with my Brilliance "Platinum Planet" and then used a silver glitter pen on the circles in the middle of each flower. I did the very same thing on the top blue panel and the top white panel, but I used the embossed side! The gorgeous snowflake is actually from the letter "E" of the font called "Faux Snowflake BRK" and was cut out using my Craft Robo digital cutter. I used white card stock that was stamped with the "Platiunum Planet" then covered with "Star Dust" embossing powder and heat set with my heat gun...did this twice and then added a flat-backed pearl! The "faux stitching" on the horizontal blue panel was actually done using the silver glitter pen in the Pen Tool on my Pazzles "Inspiration Creative Cutter".

I have to say that I LOVE my new Stampin'Up embossing folders (I also ordered the "Elegant Bouquet" and the "Finial Press")...you will seeing lots of cards made by me using them!!!

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!!!
Finished Card Size: A2/4.25"x5.5"
Supplies

Papers: Bazzill and GA Pacific White CS
Stamps: Studio G "December Calendar Stamp"
Inks: Tsukineko "Platinum Planet" Brilliance Pigment & VersaMark "Watermark"
Embossing Powder: Old Town Crafts "Ultra Fine Silver" and Stamp-n-Stuff "Star Dust Transparent"
Tools: Pazzles "Inspiration Creative Cutter", Graphtec "Craft Robo", Ranger "Heat It", Sizzix "Big Shot" and Provo Craft "Cuttlebug"
Accessories: Martha Stewart "Floral Lace Edge" Border Punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities "Standard Circles & Scalloped Circles SM", Mark Richards "Pearl Perle", Michael's "Silver Half Pearl Stickers", Beifa "Silver Glitter" Gel Pen, Ribbon (remnant that I had on hand, but looks much like the "Bridal Elegance" from Michaels)

2 comments:

Gibson_girl5 said...

WOW - love that snowflake - I hope I have that font in my collection!
I love the way you colored the background paper, first the debossed side, then the embossed side. OOOHHH I can't wait till I get my break in December!!!!

Teri

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh Pam you have inspired me!! I LOVE that embossing folder.. I have it and haven't used it yet. LOVE both the white on the soft blue and the white on white with a touch of sparkle! Beautiful card!