Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Darling!!!

My darling husband’s birthday was last week and this is the card I made for him as he is an avid golfer!  I’m afraid that I totally cased Valita’s card here!  I thought her design was so dang cute!!!  I did not use punches, instead I designed cutting files to be used with my Pazzles Inspiration and my Craft Robo and I used black brads with “white shoe laces” as well as a Silhouette cutting file for the golf club as well as the golf cart on the inside of the card.  I also do not have that sentiment stamp, so I used a Stampin' Up "Black " marker with Sue Reynold's Pen Tool  in my Pazzles Inspiration to do it.


Here is a close-up as well as a view of the inside......where I mentioned that he is "so dang old"...LOL



He loved his card and had a really wonderful birthday.  I bought him a new GPS Range Finder to aid his golf game.  His sister, Merrylene, took us out to the Alhambra dinner theater on Friday night (August 26th) to see "Dirty Rotten Scroundrels" and we had a really lovely evening!  I fixed him a steak dinner on Saturday night (his actual birthday) and Sunday (the day after his birthday) his children (my step children) had us over for dinner...so he had a very busy weekend celebrating his birthday!

Thanks for stopping by and I would love for you to leave me a comment here and hurry back!

Finished Card Size:  A2 (5.5"x4.25")
Supplies

Paper:  Bazzill (Card Base, Gray Layer, Grass, White), Darice Paper Crafter (Red on Shoes, Green Layer ), Wausau Metallic Cardstock (Golf Club), Best Occasions Metallic Paper Pack (Golf Cart on inside), "Black" Recollections
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress "Black Soot", Color Box "Wild Hare"
Tools:  Craft Robo, Pazzles "Inspiration Creative Cutter", Sizzix "Big Shot"
Accessories:  Black Mini Brads

1 comment:

tonyakaye said...

cute cute card. My faher-in-law is an avid golfer .. 4 times a week usually!

Happy to hear hubby is doing better.