Friday, May 9, 2014

What DOES the fox say???

Hey y'all!!!  Remember my little fox from my post on April 30?  Well, I did it...I turned him into a birthday card for my soon-to-be 12 year old grandson!  It is also my card for the Splitcoast Stamper's May 2nd "Free 4 All" Challenge (keyword F4A219) where you are to use some form of wood on your card.  For a long time now, I've had some "wood paper" in my paper stash and I figured this would be a good time to use it, so I designed a "fence" cutting file to cut using my Cameo and it cut great.  Then I needed me some little "wood screws" for my fence, so I used my eyelet setter tool to punch some tiny pieces of cardstock, used my VersaMark and some silver embossing powder and heat set it....did this three times and while it was still hot, I pressed my tiny craft knife into it to make it look like a screw and, walla, I've got "faux" screws!!!  Then I designed a grass and flower "print and cut"  border to place in front of the fence and I used some flower soft, liquid pearls and a little Wink of Stella to dress it up.  I also want to mention that the pretty yellow flower in the grassy border is a free design by Kerri Bradford!  I used some Gina K Pure Luxury "Kraft" paper for the background, which I inked with some distress ink and the blending tool and I decided that I needed some clouds so I made a cloud "stencil" using some contact paper (contact paper is GREAT for making stencils that will adhere to your paper but not damage it and when through, you just toss it), which I designed and cut with my Cameo and then inked with a couple of colors of white ink.  I made the conversation bubble with my Cameo and for the text I used a Silhouette sketch pen.  The cute "balloon" is Recollections from Michael's!

Here are a couple of photos as well as a little video showing how he moves as I used an "Action Wobble" so he would move!  Please excuse my poor photography and video skills!


In this close-up you can see how cute my "faux" screws turned out!!!





Thank you so much for stopping by and I love reading your comments!!!


Supplies List
Papers:  Gina K "Pure Luxury Kraft", Creative Imaginations "Real Wood Thin Birch", Recollection 110 LB "White" 
Ink:  Tsukineko "VersaMark Watermark"  and Stamp-n-Stuff "Detail Silvert" embossing powder (for "faux" screws), Tim Holtz "Broken China" & "Old Paper" Distress Inks, "Unicorn" Hero Arts Shadow Ink, Brilliance Pigment "Moonlight White"
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo", Ranger "Heat It"
Accessories:  Recollections "Balloon Sticker",  "Spring" Flower Soft, "Lemon Yellow" Liquid Pearls, "Clear" Wink of Stella, Doodlebug "White" & "Brown" Crushed Velvet Flock (for the Fox)

1 comment:

Tine said...

Fabulous, Pam. I am sure your grandson will treasure it.
Tine (Addie24)