Saturday, August 2, 2014

Happy Birthday Little Bro!!!

For yesterday's Splitcoast Stampers "Free For All" challenge, I decided to make it a birthday card for my baby brother.  For the challenge (which you can find here), we are supposed to only use one or two layers and I chose to make mine a "shaker" card.  I still think male cards are the hardest to make!!!  For the label cut-out, I used one of Bird's files...........you can find her site here and she has many beautiful files that she shares with all of us.  I used the "2 Peas Mr. Giggles" font on my card front.  After cutting out the dragonfly and "Dan!", I used VersaMark and then clear embossing power and heat set twice and then would you believe that I added a clear coat of nail polish...made them so nice and shinny!!!  Here is a photo of the card front.


For the inside I made a "stitched border" using my Cameo software plus I used a Silhouette "doodled word border file" to make the "doodled happy birthday" border and then used my black Gelly Roll pen to draw them.  I used Photoshop and the "Technical" font to do the poem and once again the "2 Peas Mr. Giggles" font for the "Happy Birthday" and then printed all on my Canon printer!  Here is a photo.


Dan's birthday is not until the 25th........but I've got his card ready to mail!  Next on my list to make is my DH's birthday card........his will be on the 27th.  That will take care of the "male" cards and then I have to make a "female" birthday card for my friend Marti...guess I'd better get busy!!!  Thanks for stopping by...............and hurry back!
Finished Card Size:  A2 (4.25"x5.5")

Supplies List
Papers:  Recollections "Black" & Canson "Silver"
Ink:  Tsukineko VersaMark
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo", Ranger "Heat-It", Martha Stewart "Score Board", We R Memory Keepers "Envelope Punch Board"
Accessories:  "Sparkling Clear" Pretty Pink Posh sequins,  Hampton Arts "Clear" Embossing Powder, "Silver" sequins from Hobby Lobby


2 comments:

Myrna said...

This is a fantastic card and your verse is extra special.
I am sure he will treasure it.
Myrna

JD/ Jill said...

great Masculine card! I'm sure your brother will love it!