Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Sending Lots of Hugs for Alyssa!!!!

Hello everyone!!!  Our son-in-law's sister's middle child, who is just 15 years old and has MS just started a series of four surgeries that she is going to have to go through.  I'm not sure what all they will be doing in the three upcoming surgeries, but in this one they broke both of her ankles and she is in casts almost up to her knees and in a wheelchair, not to mention in quite a bit of pain and I wanted to make not just a "get well" card, but an "encouragement" type card.  I knew I wanted to send her "hugs" and my first thought was it had to have a little bear, so it all started by me looking for a bear image on Google that I could color with my Copics and I found one that I think is absolutely adorable!!!  I made it into a "print and cut" file to cut with my Cameo and I used the colors for the Splitcoast Color Challenge (CC504)...or least as close as I could get and instead of using white for the card base, I used a cream card.  I used a rectangular stamp ("Extravagant Frame 477" by SweetStamps.com - you can find it here) to make a square frame cutting file for the card and then I took some of the elements in it and made an oval for the aperture in the frame.  I used my Simon Says "Sending" stamp from the "Sending Happy Thoughts" set....which I made a cutting file for and cut several so I could glue then together and prop them up on the oval.  I also used some ultra thick embossing enamel on it.  I made a cut file for the tiny flowers to place on top of the cute bear's bows, covered them with Glossy Accents (also used the Glossy Accents on the bear's nose and eyes) and placed a tiny pearl in each one which I colored to match my design using one of my Bic markers.  I also used the ultra thick embossing enamel on the little hearts.  Of course, I just had to use my Wink of Stella to enhance the bows, flowers on the bear's outfit and on the butterfly plus the little hearts on the oval frame.  The "you lots & lots of bear hugs!" was computer generated using the "2 Peas Mr. Giggles" font. Here are a couple of photos of the card front.  



For the inside of the card, I designed a matching border to cut with my Cameo, found a very appropriate poem online and used the "LD Pretty" (Lettering Delights) font and added a few more flowers and hearts.


I had cut an oval in the early design process that I wound up not using on the card front, so I just used it to make my "signature label" to cut using my Cameo and it worked like a charm even though it is a little large .....but that's okay!!!


I found a piece of Recollections patterned paper that had colors that I liked and made my envelope and even cut some little strips of it to decorate the envelope flap!



I will be getting this in the mail to Alyssa tomorrow....I hope she likes it and that it cheers her up and encourages her!  Thanks for stopping by and please don't forget to leave your comments below as I love reading them!!!

Finished Card Size:  5.5"x5.5" Square
Supplies List
Papers:  Recollections 110 LB "Ivory", 65 LB "Cream" & "Garden Floral Paper Pad", DCWV "Cotton Bloom Stack", Bazzilll "Smooth white"
Stamps:  Simon Says "Sending Happy Thoughts" 
Ink:  Tsukineko "VersaMark Watermark"
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo", Ranger "Heat It"
Accessories:  "Clear" Wink of Stella Brush Tip Marker, Suze Weinberg "Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel", Recollections "Pearls",  Copic Markers

1 comment:

Peggy in Mentone said...

WOWSER Pam...another spectacular creation. That bear image is JUST THE CUTEST! I always love reading ALL your details. It is so plain that you put heart and soul into everything you make. Love how you did your sentiment! This will surely bring a smile to her face!