Sunday, July 19, 2015

Here are my latest card creations!

My first one is a "thanks" card for my sweet online friend, Peggy Dollar!  Her card creations are stunning....you can see a lot of them in her Splitcoast Gallery here!  Her gorgeous cards are such an inspiration to me and I happen to be the proud recipient of several of them.  My "thanks frame" was inspired by the My Creative Time "Hello Frames Dies" which you can find here.  I used a stamp for "You Shouldn't Have", added some sequins and some little hearts and stars die cuts, which I applied "Glossy Accents" to!


Finished Card Size:  A2 (4.25"x5.5")
Supplies List
Papers:  Recollections 110 lb. Black cardstock (card base), Recollections 65 lb. cardstock
Stamps:   Inkadinkado "Thank You Words" set
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo", "MISTI"
Accessories:   "Clear" Wink of Stella Brush Tip Marker, My Favorite Things "Blueprints 13 Stitched Rectangle: die, Simon Says Stamp "Holiday Shapes" (stars & hearts), "Sparkling Clear" sequins by Pretty Pink Posh 
My 2nd card is one that I made for a friend's birthday and I used my new Spellbinders 6" Square Card Creators die sets for the first time and I think this is my first 6" square card.   For the striped card front I used my Anna Griffin "Poppy" embossing folder on a piece of cardstock  and then  cut it into 4 strips...the other strips were glittered with some microfine glitter and then they were all adhered to a square of cardstock  and adhered to the 6" card base.  The frame is also glittered and behind the opening I adhered a piece of Neenah "Dots" vellum and popped the frame up with foam tape.  The frame was cut using my Fiskars Fuse using the "Frame Die & Letterpress" (Set 0190) die.  The lovely shoe is the Tattered Lace "High Heel Glam" die and the "celebrate" was a free cut file from Miss Kate Cuttables and I "altered" the "e" at the end and cut it using my Cameo.  The tiny butterflies are punched and the tag with the sentiment is a Spellbinders "Fancy Tags One" die and I used the "Corinthia" font for the text.  I used card stock to make the little glittered "nail heads" on the tag and then of course, I just had to add some sequins!  Here is a photo of the front view.


For the inside to the card I used one of the stamps from my Stampabilities "Cute Border Mix" stamp set using my MISTI to make a square border, which is embossed in silver and I used a scan of the "High Heel Glam" die cut to make a tiny one on vellum embossed in silver.   If you are wondering how I accomplished that, I used my Cameo "Pen Tool" and a PaperMate "EraserMate" pen so that the ink stays wet enough to apply embossing powder and heat set.  I made four more of the glittered nail heads to place in each corner and then added a few sequins.  I cut and glittered a frame for that panel to sit in.  The text is computer generated using the "Corinthia" and "Inspiration" fonts.

For my signature label, I used that same tag and added a couple more of the nail heads.


Finished Card Size:  6" Square
Supplies List
Papers:  Recollections 110 lb. White cardstock (card base), Recollections 65 lb. cardstock, Neenah 65# "Bright White" Cardstock
Stamps:   Stampabilities "Cute Border Mix" stamp set
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo", "MISTI", Ranger "Heat It"
Accessories:   "Silver & Black" Wink of Stella Brush Tip Markers, "Sparkling Clear" sequins by Pretty Pink Posh. Tattered Lace "High Heel Glam" die, Spellbinders  6" Square Card Creator & "Fancy Tags One" dies, Martha Stewart "Classic Butterfly" Punch, Elizabeth Craft Designs "Cool Diamond" Microfine Glitter, Anna Griffin "Poppy" embossing folder.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Gorgeous card.