Friday, August 7, 2015

Birthday Card for 12 Year Old Girl!

My very sweet home health care nurse (from when I had cancer and then again after my open heart surgery) has the sweetest daughter who will be turning 12 tomorrow and I designed this card just for her!


Blue is her favorite color, so I used a few shades of blue and white and I made it a "shaker card".  The only die I used is a Memory Box die for the leaves.  I used the "2 Peas Mister Giggles" font for her name and for the sentiment and cut them both using my Cameo.  I made a cutting file from a butterfly image the I found online, designed a cut file for the flowers and designed the eyelet frame.  I used sequins as well as the negative cuts from the frame...all cut using my Cameo.  I used the "Frugal Crafters" technique for making the matching "faux enamel dots"...you can google her YouTube channel to see a video on how to make them!  The adorable little ladybug was made by me using red liquid pearls, a black sharpie and some black stickles.  Here are some close-up photos!



For the inside of the card I designed a border to match the frame and printed it on white cardstock and designed the text portion using the "Girls are Weird" and "2 Peas Mister Giggles" fonts.


This card was fun to design and I hope Destiny likes it!  Thanks for stopping by and hurry back!

Finished Card Size:  5.5 Square
Supplies List
Papers:  Recollections 110 lb. White cardstock (card base), Recollections 65 lb. 
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo"
Accessories:   "Clear" Wink of Stella Brush Tip Marker,  Ranger "Liquid Pearls"


5 comments:

Glennis F said...

This is beautiful - you are doing so well with your Cameo, I am struggling with mine

Myrna said...

She will treasure this forever.
It is absolutely gorgeous and blue is my favorite color
Myrna

DeeDee said...

Absolutely stunning.

Linda said...

So beautiful Pam. Just like everything you do!!

3 Angels soap said...

Oh my goodness ! Again elegant and tasteful😊