Saturday, December 26, 2015

Deer & Fawn Christmas Card

This is the only new Christmas card design that I completed this year (hope to do better next year!), due to so many doctor appointments for my husband and myself!  I've been wanting to do a design using birch trees and this is what I came up with.


I made a background panel using Distress and Hero Arts Shadow Inks and then stamped some trees and foliage to go behind the birch tree oval that I cut using my Cameo and then I cut and inked the edges of the deer to go in front of the birch trees.  I also put some little spots on the fawn using my white Signo pen.  I cut two ovals...on the bottom one I used some microfine glitter and I cut the top one using some silver glitter paper, glued them together and popped them up with an oval die cut piece of fun foam.  I designed the sentiment and the mat layer below it...I cut the "Merry Christmas" using some more of the silver glitter paper and then cut a couple of layers of the mat to pop it up.  I kept this pretty simple and uncluttered as I wanted the "deer scene" to be the focal point.  Here is a close-up.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope y'all liked this one!!!


Finished Card Size:  A7 (5"x7")

Supplies List

Papers:  Neenah 65# "White" & "Classic Crest Super Smooth Solar White 80# Cover 8.5"x11", Recollections 65# "Brown" from the "Strawberry Cream" Collection, 110# Recollections "White" (card base), DCWV "Silver Glitter Paper"

Stamps:  Pine Trees from "Winter Holiday Stamp Set" Plaid "All Night Media" [#2438R], "E-88 Stick Weed" by Judith, "Blades of Grass" CC Rubber Stamps 1996, "Clump of Grass" Annette Allen Watkins A899

Inks:  Hero Arts "Shadow Inks", Tim Holtz "Distress Inks"

Dies:  Spellbinders "Ovals"

Cut Files:  Miss Kate Cuttables "Birch Trees with Deer" (altered by me to remove the deer and grass clumps), "Deer Family" by Tatum Clark from the Pazzles Craft Room, "Merry Christmas" [by me using Mightyheart Font Duo purchased from Mighty Deals]

Fonts: "Mightyheart Font Duo"

Tools: Silhouette "Cameo",  Sizzix "Big Shot", Martha Stewart "Score Board"

Accessories:  "White Uni-Ball Signo broad" pen, Elizabeth Crafts Designs "Cool Diamond" Microfine Glitter 

1 comment:

JD/ Jill said...

Great design! Very nicely done!