Monday, August 1, 2016

Jennifer & Andy's Wedding Card


Our youngest granddaughter just recently got married and I wanted the wedding card I made for them to be a "keepsake", so it is totally my design (one of a kind)....in fact a lot of the cut designs were designed by me.  These are photos of the card front.



The inside is a little different because I wanted an element to "hide" the check that I gave them for a wedding gift and I got my inspiration from Jennifer McGuire.  Just recently she did a video called "Money Holder Cards - Three Ways"....you can see it here.  Thus my making the scalloped circles and using the "Congratulations" to hold the check!  Thanks, Jennifer (also my granddaughter's name)!!!  The "double pink hearts" are inlaid.  Here are a few photos:



Here is a close-up of the scalloped circles "money holder".  I made the "x's" for the cross-stitched look by using my EraserMate pen in my Silhouette Pen Tool to draw them and since the ink stays wet for a bit, I was able emboss them in silver....I did the same thing with their names and the date.  I have to mention that my "Congratulations" die was way too big for my card, so I scanned it and made a much smaller one to cut using my Cameo. 


Here is a photo of the "signature tag" I made for the back of the card.


This card was very time consuming due to all of the design work I put into it, but it was well worth it to give them a "keepsake"!!!
Supplies List

Papers:  Recollections 65# Pink from the "Dreamy" Collection ", Silver and White Shimmer Cardstock (from my stash), DCWV "Glitter" paper

Cut Files:  "Mr & Mrs Sentiment" Set by Kolette Hall  [Design ID #57724], "Heart Frame", "Scalloped Circles Heart Frame", "Cross Stitched Circle & Mat" by Me, "Double Hearts" and "Wedding Rings" made from images found on line

Dies:  "Congratulations" from Simon Says Stamp, "Stitched Rectangles" from Gina Marie

     Fonts:  "Italianno" (message inside card), "LDT Kids" (the "x" on my scalloped circle), "LDT Flirt" (for everything else)

    
Tools: Silhouette "Cameo",  Brother "ScanNCutt",  Martha Stewart "Score Board", Ranger "Heat It", WeR Memory Keepers "Envelope Punch Board", Tim Holtz "Vagabond 2"

Accessories:  Ranger "Silver Stickles", PaperMate "EraserMate" Pen, Stampendous "StampNStuff Detail Silver" embossing powder

1 comment:

Jan said...

This is stunning xx Jan