Friday, October 28, 2016

Thanks card for my dear friend Peggy!

Hey y'all....gotta tell you that this blog post is really going to be graphic intensive!!!  I felt I had to take a lot of photos to capture this card and still don't feel like I captured good enough photos of it.  I made this card for my dear friend Peggy Dollar and I wanted it to be really special, like her!!!  She is one of the sweetest people I know, not to mention one of the most talented when it comes to card making.  Here is a photo of the card.


All of the patterned paper is made by me on watercolor paper using some Tim Holtz Distress Inks (I think I used "Forest Moss", "Fossilized Amber" and a little of the "Worn Lipstick" in some areas) and a lot of the Heidi Swapp "Gold Color Shine", which I just love!!!  To make it I just put some of the Distress Inks on a ceramic tile, sprayed some water and smooshed!  After I dried it I then used the Color Shine and it turned out SO gorgeous.......I am afraid my photos don't do it justice.  After using the "Mixed Media 2" die to cut the bottom left corner, I saved ALL those tiny pieces to inlay....man what a job!!!  I then cut the "Mixed Media" die in the top right corner and used foam tape for dimension prior to adhering the top panel to a panel of my "smooshed" watercolor paper.  I die cut a Gina Marie die and then altered it to make a frame for my "faux" mirror to  place behind my vase of wheat.  I scanned a die cut of the wheat and made a cut file to use with my Cameo, because to die cuts of the wheat are quit large.  I cut the vase out of same of my "smooshed" watercolor paper and then used a couple of stamps to decorate it using gold embossing powder.  I cut different size circles to make my own "enamel" dots out of my paper for the top left and bottom right corners using thick embossing enamel and my heat gun.  I also used the thick enamel on my "thanks" after first embossing it with gold and when I heat set with the thick enamel it kind of gave it an "old tarnished" look, which was what I call a , "happy boo boo".  Here are a few close-up photos.




For the inside of the card I cut a panel of the 90# water color paper.  I cut a couple of stencils using the two "Mixed Media" dies to use my same "smooshing" technique to decorate the inside and then sprayed it with my gold "Color Shine".   I cut three strips of my "smooshed" paper to add decoration at the bottom right of the panel.  The text is computed generated and printed with my Canon ink jet.  For the top of the inside I used another piece of  my "smooshed" paper to die cut the gorgeous Gina Marie flourish.  I want to add here that I am absolutely loving the Gina Marie dies....if you have not purchased any from her, you need to go here and check them out.........they are great and her prices and very reasonable!!!




For my "signature label",  I die cut a frame using some more of my "smooshed" paper.


For my envelope, which I made using my envelope punch board,  I cut a label using the 90# watercolor paper and three more of my "smooshed" strips and sprayed it with some more of the gold Color Shine.....I do LOVE that stuff!  I used some of my new Altenew "Magnolias for Her" stamps to decorate the envelope.  Peggy's husband, Ed, says she and I are the only ones that decorate envelopes...but I know other do too!!!


Peggy loved her card and I SO loved making it for her!!!  Til next time........

Finished Card Size:  5.5" Square


Supplies List

Papers:   110# Recollections "Ivory" (card base), Canson 140LB Watercolor Paper, 90LB Strathmore Cold Press Watercolor Paper, "Silver" mirror cardstock

Stamps:  "Lotus Greeting Stamps" by Amy Butler, K&Co. (two on the vase), Altenew "Magnolias for Her" & "Peony Bouquet" (envelope)
Inks:  Tsukineko "VersaMark Watermark", Tim Holtz "Distress Inks"
Cut Files:  "Thanks" and "Vase" made by me

Dies:  Spellbinders 6 inch "Square Card Creator" dies, Sizzix "Mixed Media" & "Mixed Media 2", Gina Marie "Fancy Floral Frame" & "Flourish", Impression Obsession "Wheat Die", "Fran's Make it Pop" Cutting Dies by Stampendous (signature label)    

     Fonts:  "Joe Hand 2"), "Janda Stylish Script" ("and" on signature label)

    
Tools: Silhouette "Cameo",  Martha Stewart "Score Board", Ranger "Heat It", WeR Memory Keepers "Envelope Punch Board", Tim Holtz "Vagabond 2"

Accessories:  Heidi Swapp "White" & "Gold Color Shine",Suze Weinberg "Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel"



No comments: