Friday, September 19, 2008
This is the card I made for today’s Splitcoast Stampers “Limited Supplies” Challenge (LSC186), called “White Out!”, meaning you had to make white or vanilla as the main color of your design and the second color had to be black, brown or any shade of gray and you could choose any color as your third color. I chose White/Black/Silver. Wendy, aka/”Wendybell” also had a list of guidelines:
1. White/Vanilla as main color – I used a shimmer white
2. Second color MUST be either black, brown (any shade) or gray – I used black
3. Add a third color to accent the first two colors – I used silver
4. Use ONLY ink that matches the cardstock colors you have chosen – no extra colors here! – I used black
5. NO patterned paper or background stamps – I did not use any
6. Stamp only ONE image, ONE time, somewhere on the white piece of cardstock. Remember that you are LIMITED to only THREE colors – TOTAL!! No cheating by adding extra colors to a line art image that has to be colored in! – I totally forgot about this and had to add the “granny” stamp after I had completed this card!
7. If you use punches or a Nestabilities-type die, please stamp the image on white or vanilla there as well, keeping your top background layer white/vanilla, too!
8. Stamp a sentiment and add to your card (this step is optional) – only use it once
9. Embellish as you like (ribbons, brads, Cuttlebug embossing folders)
10. NO “distressing” the white cardstock – (that would be sponging!) – we want to keep these layers “clean”
This challenge was a lot of fun and I got to use some of my supplies and tools that I’d never used before….one of them being the beautiful white shimmer cardstock from the Wausau Paper “Creative Collection Metallic Cardstock” pack. I also used some of my silver rhinestone stickers that I recently purchased at Michaels, not to mention that beautiful ribbon that I purchased from All That Scraps. The flourish embellishment (Flourish Embellishment from Luck Pg.) that I used was designed by “ibpamelac” at the Yahoo KNK Group. I converted it to a WPC file and cut it using my Pazzles Inspiration.
Finished Card Size: A2/4.25"x5.5"
Papers: GA Pacific (White CS for card base), Wausau Paper Metallic Cardstock "White Gold" (top two white layers), Best Occasions Metallic Paper Pack (Black CS)
Inks: StazOn "Jet Black"
Stamps: Studio G (granny)
Tools: Pazzles Inspiration, Cuttlebug
Accessories: EK Success "Venitian" Cardcreator, Cuttlebug "Elephant Thanks" & "Diamonds in the Rough" Embossing Folders, May Arts "3/8" Reversible Black/Silver" Ribbon, Michaels "Silver" Rhinestone Stickers