Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yesterday I posted a Wedding Card that I made for my friend Tina’s daughter, Sarah and this morning I made a vellum envelope with an embossed liner to match. Since I am going to be mailing this card, the whole thing is going into a bubble-lined envelope to protect it. Besides that, it has a long way to go…..all the way to the UK!

I used my Scor-Pal to make my vellum envelope. To make an envelope for an A7 (5”x7”) card, I use a letter sized piece of paper, I score each side at 5/8” (length-wise), then turn the paper 90 degrees and score at 2” and 7 ¼”…….then I folded and trimmed it and rounded the corners.

For the front of the envelope I used four of those beautiful “Silver Classic Photo Corners”, one for each corner. I designed three hearts, three different sizes and the largest one is scalloped. I did the design using my Pazzles software. I used my Pazzles to cut them. I embossed the scalloped one using my “Textile” embossing folder. The center heart is cut from some mirror type cardstock that I have on hand…do not know who it is made by and truthfully, I’ve had it so long that I can’t even remember where I got it from! I used my Pazzles with the Pen Tool and the "Edwardian Script" font to draw “Robert and Sarah” with my “EraserMate” pen, then I embossed it using silver embossing powder and my heat gun.



I cut a “liner” just a bit smaller than the envelope out of Epson Bright White Paper and also embossed the liner “flap” using my “Textile” embossing folder. I also cut a smaller scalloped heart using my Pazzles, embossed it and used it for a “closure”. I cut a “slit” in the back of envelope that the bottom of the heart fits into to fasten it.

I almost always make my own envelopes to match the cards I make!

Papers: Strathmore "Pastel Vellum", Epson "Premium Bright White Paper", Royal Brites (White CS)

Tools: Pazzles Inspiration, Scor-Pal, Cuttlebug, Ranger "Heat-It"

Accessories: Cuttlebug "Textile" Embossing Folder, The Paper Studio "Silver Classic Photo Corners" Peel-Off Stickers, PaperMate "EraserMate" Pen, Old Town Crafts "Ultra Fine Silver" Embossing Powder

3 comments:

The Country Rose said...

That is such a pretty envelope to go with such a pretty card. I know it will be the loveliest card of all that they receive :).

Shirley said...

Wow! Yesterday's post was beautiful and elegant and today's is just the samee. What a beautiful keepsake too! It will be treasured for sure.

Atty said...

Very lovely card and envie, and one I'm sure they will treasure.