Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mother's Day........already?????


I've actually made this card for my seven year old grandson to give to his Mom for Mother's Day 2010. That adorable little "Precious Moments" boy reminds me of him!!! I will just store this card for him until May. I'm using this card for Splitcoast Stampers Color Challenge (CC231 & you can find it here) "Don't Fade Away", where you use bleach to do your stamping and use whatever color the cardstock bleaches out to as your second color (in this case a cream color). I'm also using it for the Sketch Challenge 241 and you can find it here.

I actually used a dingbat font called "Precious Moments Love 1" (letter "L") to make a digital stamp that I then colored with a combination of my Neopiko & Copic markers. I used some Stickles in the center of the flower. I designed the striped overlay using my Pazzles "Inspiration Studio" software and then cut it on gold metallic cardstock. I have not completed to inside of the card yet, as I want my grandson's input before doing so!

PS. I just changed out the photo of this card because today (8-14-2009), I found some ribbon that kind of matches the card that I like better, so I removed the old bow and added a new one!!!

Finished Card Size: A2/4.25"x5.5"


Supplies

Papers: Best Occasions "Metallic Paper Pack" (gold metallic CS), Gina K "Pure Luxury" (digitally stamped image) and GA Pacific (card base)
Stamps: StampCraft (bleached images)
Tools:
Pazzles "Inspiration Creative Cutter" and Provo Craft "Cuttlebug"
Accessories: Provo Craft Cuttlebug "Leafy Branch" embossing folder, Spellbinders Nestabilities "Long Rectangles Large" and "Long Rectangles Scalloped Large", The Robins Nest "Dew Drops" and Offray Ribbon (tied using the "Bow Easy")

1 comment:

mudmaven said...

I love this and I love the idea of using a dingbat font like a stamp! Thanks! Some little boy's mommy is going to be really happy next year! ~chris