Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I used a new technique today!!!


I really needed to make a "thank you" today and I decided to use the "Masked Frame" technique that was Splitcoast Stampers "Technique Lovers Challenge" (TLC236) for this past Monday! My photo looks a bit small, but if you click on it you can get an enlarged view! If you would be interested in it, you can read all about it here! All of the beautiful stamps that I used are some Inkadinkado stamps that I just recently purchased from Crafty Steals...I got like 128 stamps for $17.99!!! I also double stamped the bird to make it look like she had a shadow and I think there's a name for that technique, but I don't know what it is!

One thing that I did a little different for the technique was that I used a PaperMate Eraser Mate pen in the Pen Tool for my Pazzles Inspiration Creative Cutter to "outline" the scalloped circle as well as the inner scallop, covered with gold embossing powder and heat set it. Those pens stay wet for a bit, thus they are great for heat embossing! That was all done at the same time that I was cutting out my front layer of my card. For my mask, I made one using a scalloped circle that I had made using my Pazzles Inspiration Studio software. I cut a scalloped circle and then used the negative also. I then used my markers to color the little flowers and then used gold stickles in the centers. I have to admit that I messed up the first two attempts at this, but hey....I did not give up!!! I feel pretty sure that I will use the technique again, probably many times!
Finished Card Size: A7/5"x7"
Supplies

Papers
: GA Pacific White CS (card base), Neenah White CS and Bazzill

Stamps: "Spring Blossoms Clear Stamp Set" by Indadinkado
Inks: Tsukineko VersaMark "Watermark" and "Tuxedo Black" and Tim Holtz "Broken China" Distress Ink
Tools: Pazzles "Inspiration Creative Cutter", "Bow Easy", Provo Craft "Cuttlebug" and Ranger "Heat It"
Accessories: Fiskars "All A-Fleur" Embossing Border, Martha Stewart "Floral Lace Edge" Border Punch, Ranger "Queen's Gold" Embossing Powder, Offray Ribbon, "Golden Rod" Stickles, Copic & Neopiko markers, PaperMate "EraserMate" Med. Black Pen, 1/16" Perfect Layers, Spellbinders Nestabilities "Long Rectangles Small"

No comments: