Friday, September 4, 2009

I won "Designer of the Month"....................

at the Pazzles company for August!!! My inspiration came from a "Try a New Technique" Challenge at Splitcoast (TLC223) called "Butterfly Box"...you can get all of the details about it here! This was announced back in September, but I'm just now getting around to posting this on my blog, as I had to keep it private until the Pazzles company made their announcement!

Quite sometime back, I had designed a "Butterfly" cutting file for the Pazzles "Inspiration Creative Cutter" and I decided to use the butterfly to make my own butterfly box and use it for my August project. In this project we were supposed to incorporate some Ranger "Claudine Hellmuth Studio Sticky-Back Canvas". I decided to use a background paper and some leaves from a free digital scrapbooking kit named "Misty Morning" by Joni Gray. If any of you would like the kit, it is free and can be downloaded from her blog here! She has quite a few other free kits at her blog and they are all lovely! I then printed the background paper and the leaves on the canvas using my Epson R280 inkjet printer. I cut the "inner" panel on the front and back of the box out of the printed canvas using my Pazzles "Inspiration Creative Cutter" and I also used some of the printed canvas to cover the handle that I had cut out of a cereal box (you can also use chipboard). When I adhered the canvas panels, I noted a bit of unraveling, so I cut a black border (using my Pazzles), covered it with VersaMark and then some glittered embossing powder, set it with my heat gun and adhered it to the canvas panels.....that took care of that problem! I used my original butterfly design to cut some butterflies for embellishments, added some Dew Drops and a black satin bow! For winning "Designer of the Month", I won $100 worth of product for my Pazzles "Inspiration Creative Cutter"...I LOVE shopping!!! Here are some photos:




Thanks for a taking a look!!!
Supplies

Papers: Bazzill, Canson "Effects Papercraft" (Plum Iridescent, Kiwi Iridescent and Papaya Iridescent for the butterflies) and Westrim Crafts black cardstock (for border and butterfly bases)
Inks: Tsukineko "VersaMark Watermark"
Embossing Powder: "Star Dust Transparent" by Stamp-n-Stuff (for glitter trim on handle)
Tools: Pazzles "Inspiration Creative Cutter"
Accessories: Bow Easy, Martha Stewart "Smoky Quartz", "White Gold" and "Florentine Gold" glitter & glue, Deedlebug Black "Crushed Velvet Flock" (bodies of the butterflies), The Robbins Nest "Clear Dew Drops" (I colored them black with a Sharpie) Spare Parts "Black Brads", "Black Satin" ribbon by Offray

No comments: