Saturday, May 21, 2011

This is my very 1st Envelope Card!

My SIL"s (the one that was in the really bad accident where she lost her husband) birthday was yesterday and I had to come up with something really special for her and here it is:




My inspiration for this card came from a wonderful card maker at Splitcoast Stampers, named Cathleen....I often get my inspiration from her.  You can see her card here and she has a link there to a tutorial.  For those of you that might be a member of the MTC Forum, they had a challenge for these and  "CaseysAngel" (Christy) has made this video (YouTube) showing how to make them.  My SIL loves gardenias, so I made a couple just for this card and wanted them to be the main focal point.  The butterfly was designed by me in the Pazzles Inspiration Pro software and I used Funtime 2009 to cut it out with my Craft Robo.   I also cut all of the leaves with my Craft Robo using some Silhouette cutting files.  The tiny white flowers were cut using my new Martha Stewart "Hydrangea" craft punch.  The sentiment was computer generated.  Thanks for stopping by for a visit and by the way Merrylene loved her card!!!

Finished Card Size:  8 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Supplies


Paper:  My Mind's Eye "Wild Asparagus Lt. Pink Floral" #WA2027, Bazzill, Strathmore "Pink Pastel Vellum"
Ink:  Tsukineko "VersaMark Watermark" (on part of the leaves)
Tools:  Craft Robo
Accessories:  Martha Stewart "Doily Lace" border punch and "Hydrangea" craft punch, MarRichards "Crystal Sticers Pearls" (env. flap), Recollections "Pearl Stickers" (on butterfly body), Stamp-n-Stuff "Star Dust Transparent" embossing powder (on part of the leaves), Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Aged Mahogany" (base layer of butterfly), "Crystal" Stickles (center of tiny white flowers)

11 comments:

Teri said...

Of course she loved it! It's elegant and very beautiful. I wanna make on of these now too! Great job Pam.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Pam! ANOTHER masterpiece. Your work is both beautiful and inspriational. Thanks so much for all you create and share.

Debra Pate said...

Beautiful Pam!!!!

http://debraPate.blogspot.com

coquine1635 said...

wow very beautiful, love it so much!

Anonymous said...

Gosh Pam what can I say. Magnificiant as usual. Could u do me a favor and rub some of your talent off on me.
Thanks
Tam

marda said...

As always, beautiful and delicate.
marda

Tina said...

Just Beautiful Pam xx

homern said...

What a beautiful card! Absolutely beautiful!

Donna said...

stunning! I love it!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is gorgeous, Pam!! What a fabulous design.

Selma said...

Oh wow! This card is gorgeous Pam.