Friday, August 16, 2013

I made a birthday card and a photo of my "Cutter Station"!!!

Hello everyone!!!  This coming Monday is the 70th birthday of one of my all time very best friends and I wanted very much to make a nice card for her special occasion.  I saw this card Pinterest and decided to case it to make a 70th birthday card.  I used my Silhouette Studio Designer Edition software to make the design..... I made "print and cut" files for the card front and the inside.  I used "LDT Printed" and "Before the Rain" fonts.  For "Marti" and "70", I made cutting files and cut each one three times and glued them together and I used "A&S Black Swain" and "NeoBulletin BOLD" fonts.  I also used Star Dust Transparent embossing powder on "Marti".  Here is a photo of the card front.


Here is a close-up of "Marti".


For the inside I used a Silhouette file called "Bow Lace Border, Design ID #10257" and I made a black mat to go behind it.  Here is a photo of the inside.


I mailed it to her this afternoon, so she should have it by Monday for sure.  I sure hope she likes it!!!

Now for my "Cutting Station" here in my Craft Room.  Last week, while surfing at Splitcoast Stampers I came across a post about this storage cart and I decided I really wanted one to hold my Silhouette Cameo and Sizzix eClips cutters, but to my dismay I could not locate one in the nearby Michaels stores and I was so disappointed!!!  Then I saw a white Parson's Desk in the Target ad on Sunday, on sale for $36.19 and decided I could make this work and it matches the furniture in my Craft Room, so as you can see in the photos below, I made it work and I love it!!!!


As you can see in this close-up photo, I used the same contact paper from the Dollar Tree that I used on my craft desk on the foam core piece that I used on the white shelve as the shelve I found at Walmart was only 10 inches deep.  Hey, I improvised!!!


If you go back here, you can see photos of my desktop so that you can see what I am talking about.

Hey, thanks for stopping by to visit and I will be back soon!!!


Supplies

Papers:  Bazzill "Berry Blush" , "White Smooth" and "Black" and Paperbilities "Rhonna Farrer Autumn Leaves" Designer Paper (envelope)
Tools:  Silhouette Cameo, Bow Easy and Ranger "Heat It"
Accessories:  Want 2 Scrap "Bling" and "Pearls", Stamp-n-Stuff "Star Dust Transparent" EB, Offray Ribbon




1 comment:

Tine said...

What a nicely organised craft-space you have now, Pam & I am sure your friend will love her special card. Hope she has a great day.
Tine (Addie24)