Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Someone special is turning 25 (& another envelope file).......

in fact, tomorrow!  It is so hard to believe that my little niece Ashley (my youngest brother's only child) is going to be 25.........gosh, I'm getting old...LOL!!!  Here is a photo of the front of the card I designed just for her and then I will go into some of the details.


I used a border from one of the designs I've been working on, which I call my "Art Deco Shell Ensemble".  How do you like it?  I got the birthday title idea from something that I saw on Pinterest and I used the "2 Peas Mr. Giggles" font, which was introduced to me by Julie Flanagan at the Makes the Cut forum....love it!  I have to admit that when I was trying to glue the title to the white panel I goofed and had to remove it which caused some damage and since I had already adhered the delicate cut border and did not want to start over, I had to come up with a fix, so I came up with this idea!


I cut the panel with my Cameo and then used an Anna Griffin embossing folder on it and walla...you would never know that I did a huge boo boo...LOL  I also want to add that I actually cut the title twice and then glued it together to add some depth.  Here is a close-up of the title and the embossed panel.


Now, for the inside of the card!


For the "25th border", I used Kerri Bradford's "Mix+Match Series Lines & Letters" video to create it...you can view it yourself here.  I actually wound up doing the 25th border in two pieces...the black base and then the inner part of the "25th" in the pink bazzill.  The rest of the inside is actually just one panel that I created in the Silhouette Studio Designer Edition software and then printed on white bazzill and just added some pink liquid pearls.  Here is a close-up view.


I just want to add that the font I used for the message was "KG Somebody that I used to know" and for the happy birthday I used "LDT Swirls".  I hope Ashley likes her card as I am actually very pleased with how it turned out!

And now for the free envelope file....I made this to fit a 5.5x5.5 inch card and it is roomy to allow for some embellishments, but if you add too many you may have to re-size it a little.  There are score lines, but if you prefer them, you can change them to "dashed lines".  The download includes a .studio as well as an SVG format.  You can download it here.  Hope this will be useful to you!

Thanks for stopping by and now I've got to get back to work!!!

Finished Card Size:  5.5"x5.5" Square


Supply List

Papers:  Bazzill
Inks:  Tsukineko "VersaMark Watermark"
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo", Ranger "Heat-It", Sizzix "Big Shot"
Accessories:  Recollections "Black Pearl Sticker",  Offray "Pink Adhesive Gems", "Petal Pink" Liquid Pearls,  Anna Griffin "Poppy" Embossing Folder

4 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

What an elegant and thoughtful project. I'm sure "Ashley" will love it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings,
Barb

juliefes said...

Love your card!

Maureen said...

Super card Pam...just gorgeous...love the font on the front of the card. Thank you for the envelope freebie too...!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you ffor sharing.It is beautiful!
Margarethe