Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WOW.....this old girl has been busy!!!!!

Ok....I know it's been a while since I posted anything, but trust me I've been crafting.  For one thing I've got three family birthdays this month, plus I've been doing some designing and trying to re-learn Makes the Cut!!!  I love my Silhouette Studio Designer Edition software, but it is missing some features that I can get in Makes the Cut, like "wrap object around a shape"!!!  At any rate, here is some of what I've been up to!

My youngest grandson's birthday was on October 2nd, so I talked to my son and he told me that Brady was going to get the "Disney Infinity" video game for his birthday and that right now, that is what he is into, plus his favorite colors are green and blue, so I used this information to design his birthday card and here is a photo of it!


Then on October 5th Brady's Dad (my youngest son), Chad turned 40!!!  Well, needless to say, I had to come up with something very special for that one!


And here is a close-up so that you can read the "conversation bubble".


The "mirror stand", "vase" and "flower" are all Silhouette America cutting files and I think I made the conversation bubble from an image I found online.  The man's head, nose and hands were made by me.  Of course, I just had to add some of those googly eyes!  The "mirror" file was taller and skinnier so I altered it to fit my card.  I used Tim Holtz Distress inks with a stencil brush to make the "wood stain" on the mirror frame and a silver mirror sheet for the "mirror".  For the floor at the bottom of the card front I used a textured wallpaper sample.

Here is what I did for the inside top of the card.

  
 And here is what I did for the inside bottom of the card.


My son loved his 40th birthday card!!!  For the third birthday card, I'm going to start a new post.  Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments: