Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A "Get Well" card for a very special lady!!!

Her name is Barbara and she is also known as "bdjeepers" at the Silhouette Plus group, where she has been a wonderful moderator.  She may be having surgery on both of her hands...right now they are trying injections, but I know she has suffered a lot of pain with this problem and I just want to wish her healing and a full recovery!  She is such a nice person and I miss her at the group as I know everyone else does!  For her card, I am using the Silhouette "double-sided adhesive sheets" and I must say that I love them!!!  If you've not ordered some yet, you really must!  I used some to make the gorgeous designer paper for her card, by cutting strips of the adhesive to make the "glittered stripes" and I also designed a border for the bottom panel and used some of the adhesive to glitter it as well.  Here are some photos.


And here is a close-up.  I used a "flourish frame" file that I've had in my cut files for quite a long time and I'm afraid that back then I did not always add the designer's name to the file name, so I'm not sure where I got this from or who designed it, but I really like it!  I also note here that the font that I used is the "Corinthia" font and you can download it for free at a lot of different sites....just "google" it.  I don't think I've ever used it before but after using it on this card and seeing how pretty it is, you can bet I will be using it again!


For the inside of the card, I used a patterned paper from the Recollections "Black and White" Paper Pad...


and I also used the same for the front panel of the envelope.


I just want to say that I've spent a small fortune on designer papers over the years, but now with the "double-sided adhesive sheets" I will be making my own.  Next I think I will try using my flock!

I want to say that Barbara received her card today and she loved it and I love that she loved it and that hopefully it made her feel better!!!

 Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like what I did with this card...please hurry back!

Finished Card Size:  5.5"x5.5" Square


Supply List

Papers:  Bazzill , Recollections "Black and White" Paper Pad, Southworth Ivory Parchment
Stamps:  Hero Arts "Get Well Greeting"
Inks:  Tsukineko "VersaMark WaterMark"
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo", Ranger "Heat It" 
Accessories:  Silhouette "double-sided adhesive sheets", Recollections "Pearls" and "Epoxy Stickers", Stamp-n-Stuff "White Opaque" embossing powder, Zig "Wink of Stella Brush Tip Markers" (black & clear), Martha Stewart "Florentine Gold" & "White Gold" glitter, Offray Ribbon

2 comments:

Barbara said...

The special lady is you, Pam. This is the first handmade card I have ever received, and if I had to choose anyone in the world to make a card for me, it would have been you. Your card is so incredibly elegant, and so touching that it moved me deeply that you would spend so much time on such a gorgeous creation for me. I have been a fan of yours for a long time, and your creations always leave me inspired and knowing that I have seen a master crafter at work. Thank you. I will treasure my card and right now I just want to show it off to everyone I know! Thank you, Pam, for your kindness and thoughtfulness. It will always be remembered and so, so appreciated. HUGS!

Tine said...

A wonderful card which is understandably much appreciated.