Friday, November 15, 2013

I LOVE this poinsettia image!!!!

OK y'all, I was "surfing" a few days ago and came across this card that made me want that digital poinsettia image.............so I went looking for it and found it here and purchased it!!!  I then proceeded to make me a print and cut file of it in black and white so that I could print it on vellum, lay clear embossing powder on it, heat set it and then color with my Tim Holtz Markers (for my lighter color I used "Spun Sugar" and for my darker, I used "Worn Lipstick") and my Clear "Wink of Stella Brush Tip Marker".  I liked the poinsettia so much that I decided to use it on a Christmas card for my sister-in-law.  This card does not open...I used an easel that I cut with my Sizzix eClips as my SIL likes to place cards on display in her built-in bookcase by her fireplace.  I sure hope she likes it!!!  Here are a couple of photos.



Here is a close-up.


For the "glitter stripes", I once again used the Silhouette "Double-sided Adhesive Sheets".  I'm thinking about making another card just like this one for my other sister-in-law, but make the poinsettia red and use gold accents instead of silver .  If I do that I will post some more photos.  Thanks for stopping by and hurry back!!!

Finished Card Size:  A2 (4.25"x5.5")



Supply List

Papers:  Bazzill "Smooth White", Velllum
Stamps:  "Pretty Poinsettia" digital stamp by Jane Beljo
Ink:  Tsukineko "VersaMark Watermark"
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo", Sizzix "eClips", Ranger "Heat It"
Accessories:  Stamp-n-Stuff "Detail Clear Transparent" Embossing Powder,  Silhouette "Double-sided Adhesive Sheets", Offray Ribbon, Recollections "Pearls", "Alex Brush" font, Oracal "Ultraleaf Cast" 3.5 Mil Vinyl, Recollections "Extra Fine Silver Glitter" Zig "Wink of Stella Clear Brush Tip" Marker


3 comments:

Myrna said...

This is a gorgeous card.
I started to follow you today and I love your files that you so generously share. I just got a Cameo and have done only a few things but I love it. I will be taking some time soon to visit a lot of your posts.
Myrna1715

Myrna said...

That is funny. The proof that I wasn't a robot had the numbers 1715 in it and I guess my fingers were very quick and I said send and it did but with the numbers behind my name.
Myrna

CRAFTY VIDEOS TIPS said...

Little Birdie Secrets.. a fantstic web site super job. WWW.WE.HOBBIESANDCRAFTS.NET (you might like the crafts tips ) it got wonderful colors. .it Absolutely Gorgeous they are beautiful cards have a merry christmas.,