Sunday, June 8, 2014

70th Birthday card for a friend!!!

I used two Splitcoast Challenges for this card for a friend's 70th birthday.  They are both "Free for All" challenges.............."Gaga over Sequins" (F4A210) and "Use that Stash" (F4A223)!!!  For the "Use that Stash", I used papers from the DCWV "Cotton Bloom Stack" that I've had for ages and not used and of course, for the "Gaga over Sequins" I used some more of my Pretty Pink Posh "Sparkling Clear" sequins that I colored with my Bics and Copics to match my papers!!!  The "happy birthday" was done using my Silhouette Studio software and the Corinthia font, the "70' is the Cordial UPC font and I can't recall which font I used for the "th".  The"happy birthday" is done using the "inlaid" technique.  My friend really liked her card and I hope you like it too!!!


For the inside I designed a border using 70 and a little flower and cut it using my Cameo.  Here is a photo.


For those of you with an electronic cutter, you really need to try the "inlaid die" technique using your cutters....it's a lot of fun!

Finished Card Size:  A2 (4.25"x5.5")

Supplies List
Papers:  DCWC "Cotton Bloom Stack", Recollections "White" 110 LB, DCWC "Glitzy Glitter"
Stamps:  IHampton Art "Studio G"
Ink:  Tsukineko Versafine "Onyx Black",
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo",  Pazzles "Inspiration", Martha Stewart "Score Board", WRMK "Envelope Punch Board"
Accessories:  "Sparkling Clear" Pretty Pink Posh sequins, Copic & Bic Markers

4 comments:

Tine said...

Now there are sequins hiding away in my stash somewhere - no idea where, but there are. Lovely sparkly touch, Pam.
Tine (Addie24)

Jerri Jimenez said...

What a gorgeous card Pam, I love the sequins! So sparkly and fun!

Jerri Jimenez said...

What a gorgeous card Pam, I love the sequins! So sparkly and fun!

Charmaine Stack said...

Fab design. I like the way you finished off the inside of the card.