Thursday, July 10, 2014

Two for the price of one!!!


My brother's birthday is the 19th and Kristina Werner is having people send in cards having to do with "circles" for the month of July and Splitcoast Stampers had a color challenge for June 10 called "Kaleidoscope of Colors" that I thought were pretty cool, so I decided to use them for my cards.  You can find all of the details for the challenge here.  I did not have those paper colors, so I found the RGB codes online and made own to print using Photoshop.  I found a really cool "card cover" cutting file to use with my cutters at Birds Cards, which you can download for free here, to use for my cards.  When doing the cutting some of what I needed was duplicated, so it made sense to use the same "card cover" for both cards and better utilize my supplies.  In my own handwriting I designed  "Happy Birthday" and "hello" sentiment dies to cut with my electronic cutters.  For these projects I used both my Silhouette "Cameo" and my Sizzix "eclips" electronic cutters.

Here is the card that I made for my brother, which will be going in the mail in the next few days!  I chose this one for him because the majority of it is black and  I thought it looked more masculine and after all those are the hardest cards for most of us to make!!!


Here is a close-up:


And for the inside I designed a border with circles and I used the Silhouette "double-sided adhesive sheets" to cut it so that I could use some of my Sparkle N Sprinkle "Black Suede Velvet Microfine Glitter " on it....love that stuff, it really feels like velvet!!!  Here is a photo:


I chose this one to send to Kristina because I thought it looked more feminine.  One thing I want to point  out is the "enamel" dots that I made by putting "Perler Beads" in the oven and baking them...they look pretty cool, don't they!  After I cut out the "hello", I used clear embossing powder and then heat set it to give it a dimensional look...I did this about three times.


For the inside I used my Silhouette double-stick adhesive and the black suede glitter again to make the partial black line border.  I used some contact paper to cut a stencil to make the circle border on the bottom....I matched up Distress Inks to match the colors on my card.


How do you like my word dies that I made using my own handwriting....let me know what you think!!!

Finished Card Size:  A7 (5"x7")



Supplies List
Papers:  Recollections "White" 110 LB, DCWC "Black Glitter Paper"
Ink:  Tsukineko Versafine "Watermark"
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo",  Sizzix "eclips"
Accessories:  "Sparkling Clear" Pretty Pink Posh sequins, Recollections "Extra Fine White Glitter" and "Gem Stones", Sparkle N Sprinkle "Black Suede Velvet Microfine Glittter", "Clear" Wink of Stella 

2 comments:

massofhair said...

Both cards are genius, love all the circle designs. Your handwriting looks amazing cut out, you have produced two very beautiful professional looking cards:-) xxx

Barbara said...

You always take my breath away! These are spectacular, and you have me completely intrigued about the Perler beads - please tell us the technique you used!