Sunday, December 28, 2008

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!

This past week, I made this “name sign” for my newest “great granddaughter”. Her name is Taylor Marie and she was born on October 2nd. She’s actually my “step great granddaughter”, but any way you look at it, she’s mine!!! I just wanted you all to know that I’m really not quite old enough to be a “great grandmother”!LOL

I made this where it can be hung on a door or set on a pedestal. It was cut using my Pazzles Inspiration and I used the “Victorian LET” font. The brown background is Bazzill and then I actually cut “Taylor” using acrylic and then covered it with the pink and brown polka-dot paper. The large butterfly was designed by me using my Pazzles Inspiration Studio software. I tried to make it “girly”, as I have two sons and two grandsons it was really fun to do something feminine! After I punched the “tiny” flowers, I paper sculpted them.

Supplies

Papers: Bazzill (All Flowers, Sm. Butterfly & Brown Mat), Designer Paper (Pink),
Colorbok “Pearlescent Cardstock” (Lg. Butterfly), Canson Effects Papercraft “Plum
& Blueberry Iridescent” (Bottom layers of Butterflies)
Tools: Pazzles Inspiration, Martha Stewart “Monarch Butterfly” Punch
Accessories: Keepsake Essentials “New” Metal Button, Cork Alphabet Stickers (Oct.),
Spare Parts Metal Stickers (2008), Michaels Rhinestones (Gold & Silver), Crystal
Sticker “Pearls”, Me and My Big Ideas “icons” (colored bling). Jolee’s Dimensional
Stickers “Sweet Baby Girl”. Offray Ribbons