Saturday, February 1, 2014

Use your Washi Tape to make Templates!!!!

Hey y'all............sorry I've been so bad about posting, but I've truly been VERY busy.  I've made a bunch of cards that I could not post until the recipients received them and then, you've got it...got too busy on other projects to get the previous ones posted!  So, I'm getting ready to catch up soon, I promise!

At any rate, this morning I came up with something I just have to share.  I've been  working on a birthday card for a really close online friend and while working on it this morning, I came up with an idea.  I wanted to put some paw prints on the top inside of the card, which I had cut out of some black suede (I personally call it velvet) on my Cameo.  The problem is that they are very tiny and each paw print has five pieces, which would take a lot of time to adhere to the card, so I got to thinking about what I could do to speed things up and that got me to thinking about Washi tape.  I have one roll that is 1.25 inches and that would be about prefect.  So I cut me a piece of it 4 inches long.....went into my Silhouette software and designed me a 4"x1.25" file to cut my template and it worked wonderfully!!!  I am so excited.  Here is a photo so that you can see what I am talking about!


The white paper at the top with the paw prints is the top inside of my card and I adhered my Washi tape template to some yellow paper so that you can see what I'm talking about.  You just place your template on your project and then I used my Ivy Hollow "Scrap Fusion Glue" with the needle top applicator to place dots of glue in the openings of the template and started placing my teeny pieces of the paw prints in the openings and as soon as they were dry, I removed the template.  In the plastic container is my little teeny suede paw print cut outs.........you can see how dang tiny they are!  I will be posting this card as soon as the recipient receives it.  Now I will save my cut template to use again and I also saved the file so that when that piece of Washi is no longer sticky enough, I can just cut me another one!  I see SO many possibilities with this use of my Washi tape!

By the way, I just want to mention that I absolutely love my "Scrap Fusion Glue" and the needle point applicator.  It is my favorite adhesive of all time and since I purchased it back around the first of December, I have hardly used any other adhesive!!!!

Gotta run finish this card and another that I working on and then I will get to posting my projects.  Thanks for stopping by and I will be back soon!!!



3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing it. I am "allergic" to paper piecing, but I think this will really help me.

massofhair said...

They are very tiny pieces! Fab idea to use Washi tape:-) xxx

Pauline said...

Paper tape at Dollar Tree would work too. I use it with stencils, stamps, paint pens etc to make my own washi tape.