Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sympathy Card for Peggy with my 1st foamiran flowers!!!

Hey y'all!!!  First off, I have to tell you that this card is totally "out of line",  as there are other cards that I made first and have yet to post........but I wanted to post this one as it contains some foamiran flowers that I just recently made.  "Foamiran" are very thin foam sheets that I purchased from Wild Orchid Crafts in the UK and if you want to check it out, just google "foamiran flowers" and I think you will be very surprised!  My dear friend, Peggy Dollar, lost her dear friend, Mary, to bone cancer just recently and this is the sympathy card that I designed and made for her.  I want to point out here that the script stamp I used on the "frame" was gifted to me by Peggy!

Here is the card I designed for her along with a few notes about the design.  I used some Tim Holtz Oxide inks (which I adore using) and some of the NUVO Embellishment Mousse to "smoosh" the background panel onto watercolor paper, and then I added the texture paste using a contact paper stencil that I made using my Mixed Media die.  I also used a layer of white tulle beneath the 1st layer on the frame (there are a total of three layers).  All of my flowers were made using foamiran and the small ones were made based on a video tutorial by Emilia Sieradzan (aka "Lady E"), which you can find here!




Here are some photos of the inside.  I used watercolor paper for the wonky frame and some parchment paper for my message.  I also die cut one of my dies from China to decorate the top panel of the inside.




I used the same die that I used for the two wonky frames to make the panel for the signature label.


And here is the envelope that was made using my Cameo and my own cut design!

Finished Card Size:  A2 (5.5"x4.25")

Supplies List

Papers:  140# and 90# Strathmore Watercolor Paper, 60# Strathmore "Natural" Parchment paper

Stamps:  "Everyday Messages" by Hero Arts and "Script Background" (on frame) by  A Stamp in the Hand Co., Carson, CA
Inks:  Tsukineko "VersaMark WaterMark", Ranger Tim Holtz "Distress Oxide" inks (Abandoned Coral, Wilted Violet and Fossilized Amber)
Cutting Files:  A2 Envelope (designed by me)
Dies:  Sizzix, Tim Holtz "Mixed Media 660220" Dies (used to make contact paper stencil to to the "diamond" design, "Stitched Rectangles" and "Wonky Stitched" dies by Gina Marie Designs (used for front panel and the frame, "Vintage Swirls Anja Creatables" by Marianne Design, "Flower Dies". used for the "daisy" are from China an you can find it at the first link below for $2.41, "Flower Border" die  from China and you can fine it at the 2nd link below for $.99, and for my small foamiran flowers I used the Rosy Owl Rosy Dot "Heart Flowers RD004" & Rosy Owl "Flowers AC2 RD002" dies that are designed by Lady E - Emilię Sieradzan.

     Fonts:  "Adios Script Pro" (purchased font)
    
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo 3", Martha Stewart "Score Board", Ranger "Heat It",  Tim Holtz "Vagabond 2"

Accessories:  Heidi Swapp "Silver Metalic" Texture Paste, Tonic NUVO "Pure Platinim" Embellishment Mousse, DecoArt "Silver" Craft Twinkles glitter glue   


Dies from China can be found at these stores at Ebay:

 "Daisy" die:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/6X-Flowers-Metal-DIY-Cutting-Dies-Stencil-Scrapbook-Album-Paper-Card-Craft-Decor-/302158038755?epid=518085577&hash=item465a05c6e3:g:00cAAOSwEzxYRTda

"Flower Border" die: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131907242861 - just scroll down to #613-8  

1 comment:

Hannelie said...

Thank you so much for the link to your blog Pam!
I scrolled down and saw some amazing designs!
Hugs
Hannelie