Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Missy's Birthday Card!

My niece Missy (sister's oldest daughter) had a birthday the end of April and this is the birthday card that I made for her.  I cased my dear friend Peggy Dollar's card for this one......thanks Peggy!   This is one of my favorite cards that I've ever made......I just love the gorgeous pink water colored background that Peggy found online and pinned to her Pinterest Board, as it just makes this card!!!  I used punched circles of the water color paper to make the "faux pearls" in the upper left corner and I made the "segmented" parts of the butterfly's body using NUVO drops that I then colored with a Copic marker to match my card's color scheme.  I made a "backing" and a "body" for my butterfly....the backing is made out of vellum cardstock that I spattered with gold water color drops and both were cut using my Cameo  The butterfly is cut from my new Poppystamps "Dream" die


Close-up of my butterfly.


Close-up of the foliage  I used (list of dies and cut files below in the supply list). 


Here is the inside....the roses are a printed graphic.


I printed the water colored background on water color paper and adhered it to the front of my envelope.


Missy loved her card and I was so happy to make it for her special day!!!  One thing that I want to point out is that this card was totally made using water color paper.  Please come back soon!!!

Finished Card Size:  5.25" Square

Supplies List

Papers:  90# Strathmore Watercolor Paper, Cold Press, Vellum paper

Stamps:  "Scripty Greetings" by The Ton ("happy birthday" on the inside)
Inks:  Tsukineko " VersaMark WaterMark"
Cutting Files:  "Backing Layer" & "Body" for the butterfly (made by me)
Dies:  Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits "Mixed Media" (diamonds on card front), Poppystamps "Dream Butterfly", Spellbinders "Sentiments One Die-D-Lites" (Happy Birthday on card front), Elizabeth Craft Designs "Curvy Leaves", "Grass Cutting" die from China, Marianne Design "Vintage Swirls Anja". "Dandelion" die from China, Stampendous "Frans's Make It Pop" (signature label)

Graphics:  "Pink and White Roses Bouquet" (printed in the bottom right corner of inside panel) from the Wreaths and Bouquets Collection, Vol. 2 by Eva-Katerina  (purchased from the Hungry Jpeg), "Pink & White Rose Watercolor Background" (found on Pinterest, at friend's Board)

     Fonts:  "Henry Penny"
    
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo", Martha Stewart "Score Board", Ranger "Heat It", WeR Memory Keepers "Envelope Punch Board", Tim Holtz "Vagabond 2"

Accessories:  Tonic "Antique Rose NUVO Crystal Drops" (beads/pearls on butterfly's body), "Blush Copic Marker R20" (to color pearls), Martha Stewart "Coarse Glitter" (on dandelion), Recollections "tiny pearl" to dot the "i", Hero Arts "Sparkle" embossing powder (used on "faux" enamel dots that I made from watercolor paper on the top right corner of card front), The Ton "Rose Gold" embossing powder, Gansai Tambi "Gold Metallic" watercolor (spatters on the vellum backing of the butterfly)

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.