Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Miss Holly!!!!!

A very special young lady in our family will be turning 23 on April 3rd and I designed and created this card just for her!!!!  We are all very proud of Holly's achievements in the Special Olympics!


Here's the story behind my design for her card.  A few weeks ago I had seen a card with a window, but the window had been made with a die.  Since I own several digital cutters, I decided I would use the software for one of them to make a cutting file of the window along with a window box.  So, I used my Silhouette Studio Designer Edition software and made files to cut with my favorite cutter, my Silhouette Cameo!!!  Holly is our great niece, her grandmother is my husband's sister, Merrylene.  At any rate to make a short story shorter, I decided to make a birthday card from Miss Holly that would be from all of us and got to thinking how it would be cute to use my window cutting file to have Holly looking out a window, kind of like she's looking out to see who's coming.....thus this design!  The window is actually VERY similar to the windows on their house and I then made shutters to match.  For the outside of the house, I used a textured wall paper sample from some sample books that my son got for me and I also used a silk wallpaper sample for the "wall" behind Holly.  The grassy areas as well as the picket fence are Silhouette America cutting files.  The tiny flowers and butterflies were made using punches.

For the inside of the card, the left side is left totally blank for room for everyone to sign the card and here is a photo of the right side:


A dear friend of mine out in CA (Sue, aka/HotPaws) even helped with this card, as she quickly designed the "Happy 23rd Birthday" in a circle while we were talking on the phone the other night and then I added "Holly" and the flower, which is another Silhouette America file.  I sure hope Holly likes it!!!!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit and I would LOVE to hear your comments on my design!

Finished Card Size:  A7 (5"x7")

Supplies

Papers:  Bazzill
Ink:  Tsukineko "VersaMark Watermark", Tim Holtz "Black Soot" & "Vintage Photo" Distress Inks
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo", Ranger "Heat It"
Accessories:  Martha Stewart "Classic Butterfly" & "Hydrangea" Punches, "Girls are Weird" Font, Stamp-n-Stuff "Star Dust Transparent" embossing powder, Recollections "Pearl" 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that is super cute and turned out great. She will love it. TFS

Elly said...

Such a nice card Pam! I love the idea!!

marda said...

You did a fantastic job Pam.

Linda Vich said...

This is a great card! I would love to know more about how you got this to look do much like the die cut version. It looks embossed!

Crafty Starkie said...

I love all the details on this card! It is so beautiful! I am your newest follower and I look forward to more inspiration!

gettincraftystarkie.blogspot.com

doodlingdebbie said...

Pam, you have so many lovely things here on your blog. I've been intending to get over here and let you know how much I've enjoyed your creations and your generous shares. Thank you for being so sharing and caring.

Photomama said...

Beautiful card!
I had the pleasure of talking to Sue "HotPaws" the other day. She called me when I had a question about the pen holder. She is a very lovely person and has some great hints that I plan to use.

Melissa Roell said...

Love your creativity! Very cute card!!

Winnie said...

Such an amazing card for your friend.. She will treasure it. I love that idea of the window with her picture, and the way the inside was done is awesome. I don't have a Cameo, but after seeing all you create with it, I want it on my wish list! (Your roses are gorgeous!)

Unknown said...

Wow very nice Pam

AndreaA said...

I love your window card with the window box. Great card..I love it.