Sunday, March 11, 2012

Oops, I forgot to post these last year!!!

In the month of November, there were two blessed events in the Conner family....the births of Mackenzie Rose and Conner Ryan and I made each one of them a "door sign" and because "Christine from TX" asked me a question regarding the "door sign" that I made for Taylor back in 2008 I happened to think that I had never posted these on my blog.  Christine, these were actually done using poster board for the base!  If it's not quite thick enough, you can always use more than one layer.

Here is the one I made for Mackenzie Rose:


This one was done using my Pazzles "Inspiration" and there was at least 7 different layers.  If I remember correctly on this one the bottom layer is just black Bazzill, then a layer of poster board that I heat embossed with "Star Dust Transparent" embossing powder, then a layer of rose Bazzill Bling, then another layer of black card stock that is heat embossed with the "Star Dust Transparent" embossing powder, then a layer of pale pink Bazzill, ending up with the darker pink "Mackenzie" that I designed in the Pazzles Pro software.  To "dress" it up, I cut her birth date out of some silver vinyl on my Graphtech "CraftRobo" and then I added, would you believe, nail art!!!  Then a little bit of bling and a few store bought miniature roses!

Here is the one I made for Conner Ryan:


And here is a close-up of the "little golfer boy"!


Now for this one, the base is made of poster board which I then covered with the patterned paper.  The design as done using my Pazzles Pro software and cut on my Pazzles "Inspiration" digital cutter.  My design for this one started with the "little golfer boy" which was a Precious Moments coloring image that I found online and turned into a "digi stamp" that I can cut on my digital cutters and then color.  I colored him with my Copics and Neopiko markers and I added some freckles too.  Isn't he absolutely adorable!!!!  All of the extra elements are store bought stickers!

Christine from TX, if you more information, email me so that I can email you back!  Y'all thanks for stopping by to take a look!  Please don't forget to leave your comments as I love reading them!!!


No comments: