Saturday, May 27, 2017

New toys and a printer review!!!

Hello everyone!!!  Today's post is going to be very different, as I want to talk to you about some new "toys" I received and purchased and about the latest version of Silhouette Studio and then in the next few days I will try to post some cards that I have recently made!

First, let's talk about the new printer that my husband gave me for Mother's Day.  It is the "Canon PIXMA TS9020 Wireless Inkjet all-in-one" and I really like it.  I tested it by printing on 80# Neenah, 110# Recollectons (that I use for my card bases), 90# Strathmore Watercolor and 140# Canson Watercolor papers and they all did great!  I have a couple of photos.

1.  The "grey" and the smaller print were both printed on the 90# watercolor paper and the pretty water colored pink flowers on 110# Recollections.


2.  The "man fishing" watercolor on 140# watercolor paper and the print of some fabric that I scanned on this printer on 80# Neenah.


I also want to point out that you can print 5x7 borderless.  Unfortunately,  my photos don't do justice to the prints...........in real life the are stunning!!!

Now, onto the physical attributes of this printer.  My older Canon is the PIXMA MX870 and I have to say that it prints every bit as good as my new one, BUT......that sucker is a horse!!!  I just love that my new one is so much smaller.  Here are some photos for comparison sake.

New printer to the left, "the horse" to the right!  See what I mean?


One of the reasons that these two printers do such a great job of printing on "heavy" media is the fact that they both have "rear" paper feeds.  Another nice feature of this printer is "Duplex printing" (front and back of each page).  I also want to point out that you can get the new one in a lovely red color as you can see in the photo below (and as you can see in the photo,  you can also print your CD's].....I got mine in white as that goes better with my craft room decor!    You can find this printer most places for $149.99 and at this time HSN has it for $149.95 and you can set it up for flex pay which is "interest free"  (DH set mine for 5 flex pays of $29.99 through them).  If you are interested in this printer, just go to YouTube and do a search...you will find all kinds of informative videos on it.  I highly recommend this printer, as it is great for paper crafters!!!


OK, now on to my next new toy, the Silhouette Cameo 3......needless to say, I am loving it!!!  I just got it a week ago and after setting it up, I decided to go ahead and update my Studio software to V4, which was just released on the 16th.  So far, so good....I am still learning, but so far I really like it.  Since I now have the Cameo 2 and the Cameo 3, I've also upgraded from Designer Edition to the Business Edition, which enables me to cut on both cutters at the same time and I understand one of the new features of an upcoming update for the Business Edition will be ability to save as an SVG .........it is worth the price of the upgrade just for that!

I am loving my new toys and the newly released Version 4.0.623  of the Silhouette Studio software!!!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope some of this information will be helpful for you.


No comments: