Wednesday, May 31, 2017

"Thinking of You" Card

My dear friend Marta's husband is very ill and they have called in Hospice and I made this card for her to let her know that I am thinking of her and I am here for her.  For the card front, I found a stunning beach front water color and I printed on water colored scene for my background.  I just added the stamped "thinking of you", sea birds and the light house to finish it off.  I did "ink" the edges of the two largest birds and the light house.  I used some dimensional glue to adhere the light house after shaping it with my embossing tool...did the same with the sea birds and popped them up with clear foam tape.


For the inside I printed the same background with the transparency set at 65% onto vellum cardstock and then added the message which is computer generated, printed (using a setting on my printer that lays down more ink so that it stays wet long enough to add embossing powder and then heat set) and then cut with my stitched die. 


I used the same lovely beach background on the front of the envelope.


Marda really liked her card...I just hope it made her feel a little better!  Thanks for looking.
Finished Card Size:  A2 94.25"x5.5")

Supplies List

Papers:  90# Strathmore Watercolor Paper, Cold Press, 48# White Vellum Card Stock, 110# White Recollections, 65# "Grocer Kraft" from the Neenah Naturals Creative Collection

Stamps:  "Everyday Messages" by The Hero Arts ("thinking of you")
Inks:  Tsukineko " VersaMark WaterMark", "Iced Spruce" Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Oxide
Cutting Files:  "Light House" (made by me, using image found on Pinterest)
Dies:  Gina Marie "Stitched Rectangles", Impression Obsession "Sea Birds"

Graphics:  "Beach Watercolor Scene" (found on Pinterest)

     Fonts:  "Tempus Sans ITC"
    
Tools:  Silhouette "Cameo", Martha Stewart "Score Board", Ranger "Heat It", WeR Memory Keepers "Envelope Punch Board", Tim Holtz "Vagabond 2"

Accessories:  "Olba Glue" (for dimension under the light house), Kool Tak "Clear Foam" (to pop up sea birds), Hero Arts "Ultra Fine Clear" embossing powder




No comments: