Monday, November 9, 2015

Birthday Card to DH!

We celebrated my husband's birthday the end of August and this is the card that I made for him.


I have to say that cards for "males" are the hardest to design, so this one is pretty simple!!!  I used 
double-sided tape and applied glitter to make the gold and silver stripes.  I am not sure which font I used to make the "Happy" which I cut with my Pazzles "Vue" using double-sided adhesive sheets by Silhouette and then applied gold glitter.  I used one of my Avery Elle dies from the "Custom Panels Die Set" to cut the black sentiment panel and then stamped "BIRTHDAY" using the "BIRTHDAY" stamp from my Papertrey Ink "Happy Hexagons" set heat set using gold embossing powder.  The two silver elements holding each end of the sentiment panel were cut using a Spellbinders "Ironworks Accents" die and double-sided adhesive and some silver glitter.  I have to add that the photo I took does not really capture the beauty of all the glitter.
Finished Card Size:  A2 (4.25"x5.5")
Supplies List
Papers:  Recollections 110 lb. Black cardstock (card base), 65# Black Recollections cardstock
Ink:  Tsukineko "VersaMarkWatermark"
Dies:  Avery Elle  "Custom Panels Die" (D-02-12) & Spellbinders "Ironworks Accents"
Tools:  Pazzles "Vue", Sizzix "Vagabond", Ranger "Heat It"
Accessories:   Martha Stewart "White Gold" & "Smokey Quarftz" glitters

No comments: