Monday, November 9, 2015

Thank you card for Tammy from my DH!

My DH wanted to send a "thank you" card to Tammy for making the card that he gave me for my birthday and, of course, he asked me to make it...LOL

Here is what I came up with.  The patterned panel was made by me using Hero Arts "Large Flower Background" stamp.  I stamped it on a piece of water color paper using VersaMark and then heat embossed it using gold embossing powder   Then I colored the flowers and leaves using Copics.  I used a piece of white heavy weight cardstock and I die cut each side using one of my Spellbinders dies and then cut another piece in green to layer beneath it.  I gold embossed a gold strip of cardstock to adhere to each side of the patterned panel.  I used "ripe persimmon" and "crushed olive" Distress Inks to color the butterfly.  I designed the "Thank You & mat" and added  the "Dragonfly" which I gold embossed .  The finishing touch is the "faux" lady bug!


Here is a close-up photo.


Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look.  I would love to hear your comments on this design!!!
Finished Card Size:  6" Square

Supplies List
Papers:  Canson 140# Watercolor, 110# Recollections "white", 65# Recollections "white" and "green" from the "Spice Market" collection
Dies:  Spellbinders "A2 Brackets Borders One", Sue Wilson "Magical Butterfly Set "
Cut File: "Dragonfly", "Thank You & Mat [using altered Chopin Script Font]_PAC"
Ink:  Tsukineko "VersaMarkWatermark", "ripe persimmon" and "crushed olive" Distress Inks
Fonts"Chopin Script Font"
Tools Silhouette "Cameo",  Sizzix "Vagabond", Ranger "Heat It" 
Accessories: Copics, Ranger "Gold Super Fine" embossing powder

1 comment:

JD/ Jill said...

This is such a beautiful card! Great design. I have that die and you have so inspired me to get it out and use it!