Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Marda's Birthday Card!

Marda and I have been very close "online friends" for many years, going back to the days of me being on the Pazzles Design Team and guess what?  She too, has a birthday in January...LOL  For her card, I came up with the idea to use a "mesh grid" on the front of the card and the design gave birth from there, so I decided to design a file to cut with my Cameo.  Here is the end result.


I also designed the "greetings" and for the "BIRTHDAY", I cut it twice, once out of the the card base and then again out of glitter cardstock which I then "inlaid" back into the card base.  Of course, I just had to do some paint "splatters" and add some sequins!  My Memory Box "Climbing Vine" die was way too big for this card, so I scanned a die cut and downsized it and cut it with my Cameo.




For the inside top of the card, I used the negative "leftovers" from the "mesh grid" that were left on my cutting mat.  I just used some "Glad Press'n Seal" to pick them up, add glue and adhere them to the card.




Marda loved her card!!!  I will be back real soon.......so stay tuned!
Finished Card Size:  A7

Supplies List

Papers:  90# Strathmore "Watercolor Paper" Cold Press, Recollections 65# "Dreamy" Collection , "Glitter" Cardstock

Dies:  Spellbinders "5x7 Matting Basics A & B", Memory Box "Climbing Vine" die (99623), Impression Obsession "Tiny Flowers" (DIE140-D)

Cutting Files:  "Mesh Vine" & "greetings" (using "Magnolia Sky" font) & "BIRTHDAY" (using "Hamlet" font) by me,

     Fonts:  "Talking to the Moon" (card message), "Hamlet", "Magnolia Sky"

    
Tools: Silhouette "Cameo",  Martha Stewart "Score Board", Ranger "Heat It", WeR Memory Keepers "Envelope Punch Board", Tim Holtz "Vagabond 2"

Accessories:   Kuretake "Gansai Tambi" 3 shades of blue watercolor (splatters), Ranger "White Opal" Liquid Pearls, Pretty Pink Posh "Sparkling Clear" sequins (colored with alcohol marker), Tonic NUVO Crystal Drops "Wedgewood Blue", Spectrum Noir "Alcohol Markers"





No comments: